View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 05:57 PM   #36
tada
1998 Boxster Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdraupp View Post
Probably a really dumb suggestion. But since you bought a non runner, did you completely drain fuel and add new fresh? Might be worth trying some chevron tech Ron in the tank if you can get it to run long enough.
No, very good question. Since I bought it, I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel sender, and fuel pressure regulator. Installing the pump meant draining the tank. While in there I cleaned it out completely. It now has 5 gal of Shell 91 octane gas and a full bottle of Techron in it (6 for $19.99 at Costco). So other than the injectors, I feel pretty good about the fuel system. But when it runs, I don't smell gas - just exhaust fumes. It's hard to get a stethoscope on the injectors for the 20 seconds it runs. But it sounds fuel starved still and I wonder if an injector stuck open or closed could cause this?

I've also got a real Durametric arriving next week to finally get some real data on this car. I've been using an iCarsoft POR II and it has been nothing other than a basic OBD reader to me.

Last edited by tada; 03-31-2016 at 06:01 PM.
tada is offline   Reply With Quote