View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 05:23 PM   #6
KeithJ

Help needed with 1998 Boxster Airbag Light!!!

Guys I have a 1998 Boxster with the airbag light on. I am in the process of repairing this and am somewhat confused and looking for someone who has been through this to chime in please!!!

So 1998 Boxster 8900 miles. I ordered the repair kit which consisted of the correct seat belts ending in 09 and 10. Should be good there. My problem is the TSB was released in I believe 1997 and then in 1999 and someone made mention that is was revised again all with contradicting information.

I am not sure if the 1998 boxster should use the information in the 1999 TSB which varies from the 1997 version. Besides the seat belts my kit included I have a bunch of the brown wires and 2 thicker ones with the grounding lugs (and none of these wires have gold connectors).

One of the TSBS mentioned splicing the new wires into I believe connector 7 and 8 on W16 and W17 and no mention of the ground wires I received (thicker with the eyelets installed). (By the way the ground wires on My car are very large. Larger then the ones with the eyelet I got with the kit. Maybe this is not the wire I am supposed to replace. When this fix is complete are there supposed to be more than one wire going to the ground lug?

The newer TSB mentioned you where supposed to take connectors 7 and 8 I believe and send them straight to the airbag ground lug??? When this fix is complete are there supposed to be more than one wire going to the ground lug?

Can someone confirm if the lead wires in the kit they have are gold or not?

Hope this makes some scene to someone out there!

If someone out there can help me sort this out I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Keith
KeithJ is offline   Reply With Quote