View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #6
LAP1DOUG

I have the RSS LCA's on both my front and rear suspension.

Up front they serve a purpose of allowing negative camber and caster adjustment, while also providing for solid bearings at all pick-up points.

At the rear, they are not really needed for camber adjustment, but if you add up all the pieces and work to convert an OEM control arm to solid bearings, you might as well just buy the RSS one as a unit, so that's what I did.

I am very happy with mine, as I was seeking the maximum suspension performance, and I am not encumbered by any SCCA rules requiring non-metal joints.

That said, if you are not tracking or auto-crossing, they would be a waste of time and money. The solid bearings also mean greater potential shock loads if you hit a curb, and is why RSS recommends replacing the outboard studs on a regular basis, which is kind of a PITA. If you are not seeking the very last fraction of performance, then GT-3 arms with rubber bushings are probably a better idea - especially for the street.

Camber plates, as another post mentioned, will give you camber adjustment at much less cost. I believe that LCA's with shims have a slight technical advantage over camber plates, but probably no significant difference in the real world.

Good luck.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote