View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
chaiyz

Garage
Fog lights, switch, relays, fuse box questions.

I recently purchased a 2001 Boxster S. The drivers side parking light wouldn't work as well as the side marker. I did research and learned the switch could be the problem. But as the switch was turned on, it would turn on headlights, fog, rear fog, just not the drivers side parking lights.
I found a replacement switch in good condition here in classifieds. Installed it yesterday and my parking lights now work. However, now when I put the key in and turn it, my fog lights are on all the time. The only way to turn them off is to hit the high beams. The fog light green indicator is on at the switch as well. I've checked my fuse box and there's no jumper. I've looked at the relays and I see no jumpers there as well.
Anyone got a handle on what my issue is? Before the switch, all lights worked as normal, but the parking lights and side front light wouldn't turn on. New switch fixed that, but has fog's on all the time.

Thanks for looking. BTW, I've read everyting I can about doing the conversion, but I've not seen much about how to undo it if you don't see a jumper. Much thanks!

Chaiyz