View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 10:50 AM   #20
Ja986s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
Well, I bought a garage queen two years ago, a 2000 S with 10,800 miles. Looked like it was sitting on the showroom floor and the garage it had lived in looked equally pristine as the car. I got an almost complete set of maintenance records with it but nothing other than oil changes, brake fluid changes, and a battery had been done. I've put 10,000 miles on it and have only changed the coolant cap plus two oil changes. I plan on keeping the car many years and changing the IMS, water pump, etc. when it's time to replace the clutch. It still looks pristine (one stone chip on the front bumper and a rub spot on the driver's seat bolster). I get it out of hibernation on Saturday and am expecting and looking forward to another season of joy with it (fingers crossed).
Larry (the bald eagle).
My example is very similar. I now have 36K on the clock. I have a 2000S as well. The 2000 YM had a double row bearing. 2001 was the first year for a single row bearing. Based on this, my plan is the same as your plan to address the bearing when I replace the clutch.

I installed the magnetic plug and inspect my filter after every oil change. Zero metal.
Ja986s is offline   Reply With Quote