View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
jimmythemufflers

Garage
Bought my 2003 3 years ago with no stereo at all, just a hole in the dash. The dealer was going to order a new one from porsche however I made a deal that I'll pick out an after market one much better than oem (imo) Bluetooth, usb inputs, outputs etc. I didnt know nor did this little exotic dealership know our cars have very funky wiring for the head unit & speakers, i still dont know what it is! They had to run brand new power, ground and all 4 speaker wires to get the dam thing to work. New speakers, new head unit and my radio is less than sub par. FM is less than adequate and AM doesnt work at all. I have a short commute and have Pandora or spotify on so i dont care enough to get it fixed.

I did take out the oem amplifier in the front trunk. I dont see how but maybe that affected it?

Where is the antennas on these cars? I have been out of the car audio scene for a while but I remember antenna boosters that hook up between cars antenna cable and the head unit. It is supposed to, well, boost the antenna. I dont think I helped in any way so good luck! If all else fails look into satellite radio.
jimmythemufflers is offline   Reply With Quote