View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 09:38 AM   #10
DarkStar

Garage
Been talking with whoever it is maintaining their facebook Page. Their price is much cheaper now than then. And he has photos of tons of tops ready to go out. Provided patent information that supposedly proves they are the original inventor of the top. Even said I could save 100 bucks by just using my own trunk hinges. I'm now seriously thinking about selling my Artic Silver Hard Top to get one.

I see people were talking about the noise or rain... Stuff like this isn't really an issue unless your trully looking for weight savings. Tons of different body panel sound deadeners available on the market that can reduce noise a ton. And weather proofing if there is non on the top, can be easily done with tons of different products. OEM Hardtops aren't quiet anyway. They squeek under flex, (not soo much after a while) and have wind noise on the freeway... Which after a few minor mods to the factory seals to make them a little flufier is almost gone entirely. All I hear with my OEM Hard top now is engine noise mostly and road noise from tires to wheels to suspension on up.

Now the main problem with the 986 is its ugly tail lights that make the ZTop Boxster look like it has down syndrome lol.