View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 06:51 AM   #15
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
is generally high mile/daily driver vs low mile/fair weather weekender.
Both (assuming at least an annual oil change) will cost you. you pay for the low miles up front. You pay for the high miles in many other unexpected and expected ways if you intend to actually drive the car. These Pcars are reliable but they are not durable, by design. Making them durable and reliable nearly put the brand into bankruptcy.

The best time to sell is when miles are low, while buyers have a perception that the low mileage engine is still "mostly in the clear". This mileage of car always commands the best money. Take that best money and get into newer used Pcar, also with low mileage.
Get in after 20K miles (or so) and get out by 50K miles. This way the original owner takes the depreciation hit. The next owner takes the equally big hit on major maintenance items that start to rear their heads. There's a sweet spot there where you get a hassle free experience (for the most part) and get "best money" for the car when you sell.
If you wait (like I did) because the car has been holding up well so far, you really are not acting your best interest. Put it this way. The first 70K miles of my Boxster were far and away the most reliable miles I've had on any car. I was surprised. Everything since then has been a very expensive learning experience. I won't make this mistake again, it's illogical in my opinion.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-23-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote