Old 03-22-2016, 02:40 PM   #5
newob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Why dont you just ask:
How long is a piece of string? It will have as many answers

What to use really depends on what kind of driving you are going to be doing
Street, AX , track???

Rotors a bit less dependant on type of driving and (I am sure I am about to get flamed!) they pretty much will all work fine. I can personally recommend Meyle rotors and they are a great deal on ebay. A pair for the front I paid ! $85 and the rears were $~75 for the PAIR!

You don't need to spend big $$% on rotors. Drink whatever kool-aid you want, especially about rotors made in China (where most are now made anyway) The Meyle ones I got are fully coated and while Meyle is a German company and an OE supplier to many German car companies, they are (shudder) made in China. There are all qualities of manufacturing in China from stupidly cheap and crappy to world class. A well know company will spec them to the quality they want

As far as brake pads, well you need to specify what kind of driving as street pads don't work well on the track and AX and track pads don't work well for street use and can actually be dangerous on teh street. There are some good higher end street p[ads that are trackable like EBC RedStuff.

I would recommend at least for street use to use the same brake pads on both axles. Different pads will grip differently and could affect the factory set front/rear brake bias

Get back with what you are looking for and maybe you can get some good recommendations

Other things to take into consideration is your tolerance to brake dust and cleaning your wheels often

If the sensors are unbroken, there is no reason not to reuse them. same with the brake hardware

Thank you for responding - I primarily use my boxster as a weekend street drive car. take the mrs out for an afternoon in the country driving with the top down - I do enjoy driving fast occasionally but have no intention currently to track the car. my wheels are silver and I hate brake dust but its not like I think it would be worth a whole bunch of extra money if that was the case.