View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 12:13 PM   #1
Mark_T

door clunk when window is down

There is a loud clunk when I close the passenger side door, but only when the window is completely down. If I raise the window even the slightest amount then it is not there.

Some possibly relevant info - the car had taken damage to the passenger door and front fender prior to my owning the car, and it was repaired at a local body shop with a reputation for cheap shoddy repairs. What kind of damage is unknown. The door, fender, and bumper cover have been repainted. I had the door panel off once and found that some of the fasteners were missing and most weren't the proper part. In other words, the car was put back together with whatever screws they could find lying around the shop. Fkn hacks. Why the previous owner would have taken it there is beyond me. I have obtained all the proper fasteners I need to properly re-install the panel.

I'm thinking something came loose or broke inside the door when the damage occurred and it wasn't fixed properly. Before I dismantle the door, I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and can shed some light on what I might be looking for in there.