View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 09:25 PM   #1
Jimmybee

Boxsternewbie needs stuff

Hello, don't know if I'm in the right place, maybe need help getting redirected to the proper page.
Just got myself a 2001 Boxster with 70,000 miles on it.
First ever Porsche, never been a real fan until recently, and can't believe I have missed out on so much in my life, absolutely amazing car.
Drove home about 300 miles in some of the worst rain I have experienced, and I'm from Scotland.
On the way home I started thinking I had made a mistake buying this car, it was ok, nothing real special, I thought my Chevy Volt was better, maybe the rain and freeway driving made me have these thoughts.
However, off the freeway and on to the twisties for 40 miles convinced me that I had made a great buy, totally different animal, even in the wet I was doing street bike speeds on the bends, amazing.
So, I'm convinced, I'm totally sold on the Porsche brand, I want another one already, or two or three.
I would like to make some changes to the car, don't like the fried egg front headlights, would like to change them out but on researching this, I am more confused on what to buy, I would swap out the side orange signals as well, kind of okay with the rear lights but would consider swapping them too.
Love the sound of the engine but also like music, the radio, basic Porsche setup, sucks, any ideas on making improvements there would be appreciated.
Wheel rims are okay but would also like to change them out eventually.
Any advice from out there would be great.
Best to all and looking forward to more driving.
Jimmybee is offline   Reply With Quote