View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 07:59 PM   #1
thom4782

Parking Light on Dash Question

Hi everyone:

Well, I drafted a bit of a rant over the past weekend about how frustrating it can be to diagnose a problem with these cars. Here's the symptoms and actions taken:
  1. Turn ignition on with key, parking brake light on dash goes on, start engine and light goes off
  2. With engine running, pull up parking brake, NO light on dash, open convertible latch, windows drop, toggle switch on console, top doesn't open. Action: replaced parking brake microswitch
  3. With engine running, pull up parking brake, NO light on dash, open convertible latch, windows DON'T drop, drop windows two inches using window up/down switches, toggle switch on console, top DOES open, close latch windows go up. Action: replaced microswitch near latch
  4. With engine running, pull up parking brake, NO light on dash, open convertible latch, windows NOW drop, toggle switch on console, top DOES open, close latch windows go up. Action: replaced double convertible top relay

So I think I've replaced all the critical parts and still the parking brake idiot light doesn't light up when I pull up on the brake.

I'll go and check all the connection once more. And test some voltages using the microswitch procedure someone suggested.

In the meantime, can anyone suggest anything I might be overlooking.

Thanks
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote