View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 05:49 PM   #16
LAP1DOUG

Hey Steve - ironically, I just changed the location of my manual valve lever a few weeks ago, and brought it up next to the drivers side seat belt latch. I got tired of reaching around behind the seat to pull the valve handle, which was especially difficult if I forgot to open the valve before getting belted in the car.

I had to fabricate a small aluminum bracket which uses two small sheet metal screw into the center console to hold the lever in place. I hated drilling in holes in the console for that, but they are down very low, and covered by the seat belt latch.

I'll try to take a photo when I have time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Bumping this thread again (I have been here before, this is one of my favorite threads ) I saw a car recently that had the accusump mounted, and it had the manual valve lever like this coming through in about the same place, but they had the handle stick up just about where the passenger seat belt was. I wish I would have gotten a picture but when I am on a track weekend I never take many pictures for some odd reason, which is bad because there are always lots of cars So routing the handle up by the passenger seatbelt might be an alternative if someone was considering this approach.

Steve

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote