View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #7
grc0456
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
The low beams certainly seem better than the originals in there since 2003. There is no inner lens yellowing or burning. I don't garage my car for the winter, but I've probably had it out about 10 times. which would mean 10 - 60 mile commutes home in darkness. Not sure if that is enough time to see any burning or if the colder winter temps would help prevent the burning from occurring.
Thanks for the update, Paul. Yes, I feel the standard H7's in my (new to me) 03 are pretty dull - even for a 13 year old car I think. My inner lenses are not yellowed and I don't want to ruin them. Some people say they have no problems with upgraded bulbs (especially the Osram NB's), and others say you'll get yellowing. I wish Porsche would have used better plastic or used glass.

Funny thing is, the car had the HID conversions when I bought it, but the seller had installed ambers to replace the yellowed clear originals. I hated the non-stock ambers - it's one reason I wanted a 03/04. I bought some nice clears from a forum member, and sold the HID ambers.

Oh well, daylight savings is here and I don't drive at night to often. Maybe I'll wait. Thanks, again.
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote