View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 06:23 AM   #14
Luv2Box

Garage
Six years ago, when I had my IMS changed to the LN, I made a video of the procedure with my mechanics permission. Because UTube, at that time, had a restriction on the length of a video, I edited out the procedure for locking the timing and concentrated on the removal and install. I posted the video on Pelican Parts forum as a reference video with an explanation about why that part of the procedure was missing and took so much grief from members, and Wayne, about why it wasn't in the video I eventually removed it. So yes, if Wayne left it out of his procedure, after all of that, he deserves what he gets.:ah:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelbster View Post
I thought we had berated Wayne enough about these incorrect directions? Apparently not.
Yours is a huge penalty to pay just because you bought from Pelican instead of LN. If you read the LN Instructions they are very dictatorial and in excruciating detail with many grumpy imperatives - for a reason.
Removing the M96 engine to fix their mistake - I feel your pain. I hope Pelican does too.BTW I really like Pelican and buy their stuff- they are great but this issue is their one big failure imho.
Search for something like this:
http://lnengineering.com/files/IMSR-Instruction-Warranty.pdf
IMS retrofit on a 3-Chain car - Rennlist Discussion Forums
Good luck !
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote