View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 08:01 PM   #15
Gordons986

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
I got my Bilstein shocks (my back-ordered rears just got in yesterday!) from ECS Tuning, but they are currently having a sale on Koni's right now. If I had to do it over again, I'd get the Koni Sports, they may be what you are looking for if you will be autocrossing. Pelican prices are competitive, but it's worth comparing the different vendors. I got my shocks, trailing arms, and various bushings, bearings, and bump stops from ECS, but the control arms, drop links, and tie-rod ends I got from Pelican. :dance:
Thanks! I will definitly check out those suppliers. I will probably also opt for the M030 package as i do want a small amount lower and stiffer springs. mind you i do daily the car

Glad to hear you are getting it all replaced and good luck!

Jakeru; yes i too think that a caster issue could cause that type of steering feed back. From what ive gained today the trailing arm is the likely culprit.

However today i checked powersteering flud and topped up (was about an ounce or 2 low) and did my engine oil change after the rain stopped here. when i was doing this I thought id take a fifth or sixth look at the suspension upfront with someone shaking down the wheels and steering wheel while i was under and also me prying on things. however i still cant find any looseness.
I talked to my family friend and porsche mechanic today and asked him about it and he said something with the feedback im describing and noise should be very obvious.
anyways... i put the car back down and drove in and out of my driveway a few times with someone standing outside listening and the car still wouldnt make the noise. took it around the block and still no. didnt get any wobble over bumps either but then again i only got up to 50km in the neighborhood. Ill take the car out again tomorrow for a good run and see if it makes the noise then (hopefully whether holds out) in the mean time i will start researching and probably ordering parts to redo the suspension
Gordons986 is offline   Reply With Quote