View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 02:17 PM   #15
99Boxster

No Problem

I know as a doctor you see first hand what trauma kids suffer, so I understand your point. I just think it's interesting that Porsche has led 986 owners to believe that the Porsche seat is the only option to deactivate the airbags. Theoretically, Porsche should have to provide the deactivation kit without the seat. Porsche, however, does not share that opinion.

Interesting medical story for you - my wife's friend was driving his 4 year old son in a Civic when he was rear-ended by an SUV. His son was in the back and was injured very severely and was going to die before an ambulance could arrive. Unbelievably, a guy on a Harley pulled up and said "everybody back I'm a cardiothoracic surgeon". The kid lived and is now fine. The doctors at the hospital said that there were only a handful of people capable of saving the kid's life in Kansas City and he was lucky enough to have one show up on his Harley. It'd be almost as cool if the doctor had been driving a Porsche. Good luck with residency.
99Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote