View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #13
Racer Boy
Racer Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordons986 View Post
While we are on the topic of replacing struts could you recommend a good site to buy new struts from? would i need new springs? or would you rather recommend coil overs? and could you refer me to a site for that?
I got my Bilstein shocks (my back-ordered rears just got in yesterday!) from ECS Tuning, but they are currently having a sale on Koni's right now. If I had to do it over again, I'd get the Koni Sports, they may be what you are looking for if you will be autocrossing. Pelican prices are competitive, but it's worth comparing the different vendors. I got my shocks, trailing arms, and various bushings, bearings, and bump stops from ECS, but the control arms, drop links, and tie-rod ends I got from Pelican.

You probably don't need to, but I am also going to replace the springs because I want it to be just a bit stiffer. Since I don't want the car to be drastically lower, I went with Porsche M030 ROW (rest of world) springs, which are the sport springs from cars sold in non-American markets (slightly stiffer and lower than the American sport package springs). I got the fronts (I think) from ECS, and the rears from a Porsche dealer who discounts parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaps10 View Post
I know my left rear track arm is sloppy and now I'm suspecting the ones up front.
My left rear trailing (track) arm was very bad. The passenger side was also bad, but it wasn't nearly as noisy.

Depending on the type of bump, my car makes different kinds of noises. If I'm turning sharply into a parking lot over a sidewalk ramp, then my front balljoints squeak and I can feel a "clunk" where there is sudden lateral movement in the suspension. If I am driving at more normal speeds, then there is still a lot of clunking from the rear suspension, but it's much reduced with new trailing arms. The front also rattles and sometimes clunks in normal driving.

Despite what is clearly a worn-out suspension system, the car still drives really well, and doesn't wander or dart around. I'm excited to experience the car with all new parts; it will probably drive terrifically awesome! :dance:

Last edited by Racer Boy; 03-10-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote