Originally Posted by Finallygottaporsche
i dont know for sure but...

you should:

change oil & filter
airfilter
pollen filter
change spark plugs
bleed brakes

I think there is some poly rib thingy that gets replaced round that mileage. i could look this up, but i dont feel like it. its probably in my owners manual, but thats all the way in the garage.

Aw S$%# now i feel like an @#$#!!%!! Fine Ill go to the garage. Are you happy now?

Hold on

OK

poly rib should be replaced at 60k, did you do it?
at 90k you also need to change your manual transmission oil or if you have a tip,
change the ATF and ATF filter and also
change the oil in the differential

there! you made me get up! i hope your happy

...well, thanks for the effort there! hope you didint have to take a shower after the sweat

i keed, i keed

greatest thing of boards like this one is how much you can learn from eachothers experiences and support rocks!

... i own and love 2 Ducatis at the moment and if a have learned something its that dealer doesnt necessarely mean quality. Lots of "official dealers" do terrible things to your bikes without you knowing it...untill its too late...

in my experiance i have found EXELLENT indipendent service that is usualy better than the "official" dealer service at a much lower (yeppie) cost.

also, i have lerned that certain things can be taken care of by your self and cerain others (see desmodromic valve adjustments) are better not to mess with

that saied, i have gathered intelligense on how to perform oil, filter, spark plugs change...

you guys think its a good idea to perform these maints on my own?

how a bout brake bleading/pads substitution? d.i.y. or mechanic?

and if mechanic is recomended, which one?

i have heard good things about TRE...anyone knows them?

and what is the poly rib? i bought the car used with an additional coverege for 2 years or 24k and there is no record on services after 30k...assuming the guy found an indy. Cant say if rib was changed...

thanks for the info so far!!!

ps:Finallygottaporsche, if you happen to pass along these ways ill get you a beer...or 2
lucazuma is offline   Reply With Quote