View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 11:52 PM   #5
Gordons986

Garage
jakeru thank you very much for your reply. Yes its this front trailing arm that ive been suspecting as the culprit so i will probably end up replacing this first or maybe trying the repair that you posted (thank you again)

I will try dragging the brakes in the morning but i can tell you that the noise does happen if under acceleration over bumps and turning while accelerating also seems to still make the noise but i will try braking in the morning.

Called the local porsche dealer here and the trailing arm cost is $358 for 1 pretty pricey. so i might try the fix and see if i can hold out for an online one to ship in.

Thanks for the link to the video, Ive actually seen it earlier today in my searches and watched it a few times lol.

One thing im concerned about is if it could be the trailing arm bushing that sits in the wishbone and not the ball joint on the trailing arm. or are these not so prone to wear/noise?

Like I said, the bushings in the control arm look good with no splits and the boots on the ball joints have no tears but they are hard to inspect. still cant find any looseness
Gordons986 is offline   Reply With Quote