View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #7
BoxsterLS376

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBeerToad View Post
Solid tread on those tires.
Yessir!! New tires will be a must if I attend this event!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
You could hit your LS with juice, but I would worry about the gearbox surviving the um, abuse.
If you did, I probably would not spray it until you were in 5th or 6th. Better chance of doing it more than once!
So far the gearbox has been pretty good but the extra power could change that. I think 4th gear should be moving along enough to hit it without breaking too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
There is a similar series here in California by ShiftS3ctor called Airstrip Attack (ShiftS3ctor.com)

Since the air drag generally increases with the square of the velocity, you need a LOT more power to go increasingly faster.

From the comparison's that I've seen, with 600+hp you should have a good shot at seeing 167mph in 1/2 mile. One challenge might be getting all of that power to the ground without spinning the tires. Just a thought.

Keep us posted!
Yeah if you look at the speeds you can tell there is a major wall around 160-170 that most people can't break though without mega power. For the power range my car is in most people are getting 150-160 but the boxster is a good bit lighter so who knows!

Thanks!
J
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote