View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 10:05 AM   #6
Dubaday

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaps10 View Post
Well done.

I'm not seeing details or pics of your IMS bearing swap. Curious what you went with and how your bearing was when you pulled it.

I wish I could get my mitts on those headers. I'd like to hear them
Thank you very much.
I didn't take pictures of the IMS or RMS, was on a roll and wanted to get it assembled already. It was a dual row, didn't seem like it was in bad shape, car just hit 115k as of yesterday. But I figure I'd change it while the transmission was off, Gives me an ease of mind.

Headers sound great, as far as 3500rpm lets me hear it haha. Still breaking in the clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post
Wow, looks fantastic! Tell us more about:

1) performance of the new clutch. how does it compare to stock?

2) Sound / performance of Jetex muffler, really looks great! How is sound and drone?

3) How you get past smog (or don't you have that in WA?)

thanks!
Thanks a bunch! I worked my a$$ off learning how to do this project!

1- It grabs a bit faster than stock, I had to learn how to give it a bit more gas, rather than not enough, or else you WILL stall out. Don't ask me how I know this

2- Sound is superb compared to stock muffler, nice deep toned roar, on Idle is not even that loud at all. I'll make a vid of the car starting up for you.

3-I still have cats, the fabspeed headers with 200-cell hjs sport cats, and it passed emissions just fine.
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote