View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #2371
dsallean

01Boxys - I followed some instructions (here I think) on removing the dash speakers and doing some simple surgery on the existing brackets and replacing the speakers with some 4" 2-way speakers. I used the Pioneer TS-G1043R. I added the rear speaker brackets, as I already had the box for them, just not the brackets. The brackets allowed me to add 2 3.5" Pioneer speakers to each side in the rear for a total of 4. I got new door speakers as well but haven't installed them yet. If I recall they are just woofers (small) but I will get to them when I feel like removing the door panels.

I don't know if "drastic" would be the word to describe it. But since all I had to start with was some paper dash speakers that literally fell apart when I removed them, the new speaker are much clearer and the rear speakers fill the sound out a bit. With the AUX input for the first time I actually liked listening to the stereo. I think there is hope for it now if I can figure out what amp to install with the Becker radio and then maybe a new HU at some point if necessary.

Dave
dsallean is offline   Reply With Quote