Thread: 245/275
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 01:58 PM   #19
LAP1DOUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post

ps, if i were to try and squeeze 255/285s in there, what offsets would work? i currently am 1.5" lower w -1.5 front -1 rear camber. front wheels are 8.5" wide ET 53 and from what i can tell a 7 mm spacer should get me 245s, and somewhere in 10 to 15 mm will fit a 255. in the rear no idea; wheels are 10" wide ET 40.

and, not really related, if people are fitting 285 mm wide tires with no issue, and a 11" wheel is 280 mm wide, how come everyone on the internet says you can't fit 11" wheels? is it a coilover vs stock suspension thing? would certainly open up the range of wheels available if we could fit more 996 wheels.
I have run 255's on the OZ 8.5" et 53 wheels with 7 mm spacers, BUT my car has coilovers and adjustable caster. Without the adjustable caster, you will probably have heavy scrubbing of the wheel liners at anything over about 1 turn of the wheel. Without any spacers looks like it would work without scrubbing according to my calculations, but you may have trouble with clearance to the OEM strut. I can't help you with any data on that, as I have never run the OEM suspension.

I have never done any trials or calculations with 11" wheels on the rear. The general internet wisdom is that it doesn't work, but I think I saw one post where some guy said it worked with just the right offset and lots of negative camber.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote