View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #4
Hombre

Thanks would 3.4 bolt right in or a lot of changes needed.Would it require trans and suspension changes?This is first Porsche since a 911 Targa I had use of in 86 and loving it could trade up every year or make a project out of this one.Silver is pretty quick but would like to get all that is possible from him.Have a friend who is Porsche mechanic so have good help doing things but am trying to figure out what I want to do.He checked car out 68,000 miles and only problem was front right wheel bearing got that done and passed inspection fine.Been able to get it out a few times since winter hasn't been bad.Bought it New Years eve after having it for a couple of days.These chip people say they can add 60 hp immediately but am skeptical and do other things need to be changed if it does add this power or are there other side effects like too much pressure in IMS bearing.Though this problem seems overrated since my friend says in 20+ yrs he has only seen it once and I have seen that only about 1% of of 2.7 and 3.2 s have the problem figure if I replace clutch will upgrade bearing at that time.All in all at this point will always have a Porsche just like I will always have a dog.Thanks again for you input
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote