View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #1
johnscottroe

Couple of questions

Hey guys. Fairly new 986 owner. Bought my '99 Boxster in September. Have a couple of DIY projects in tow I was hoping for some advise with. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1. Not long after I purchased, had the car parked on a pretty severe down slope at a restaurant. Went to back out and the car hadn't quite gone into reverse. Rolled up on the cement parking thing. Pulled the right side of the bumper off getting off of it. Stupid I know, but it is what it is (and it did happen really quickly ). Got it home an was able to pop the bumper back on securely. Problem now is the fender light on that side isn't completely stable and tends to pop out a little (not all the way, just one side of the light will occasionally be sticking out a little). Any advice on how to address?

2. Car has the plastic back window. Just due to time I guess, it's a little fogged up. I was thinking maybe the stuff they use on foggy headlights may clear it up. Any thoughts on that or alternate ideas?

3. Had my first little mechanical thing. Car was driving fine. Put it in the garage. A few days later went to drive it and it would crank but the engine would not fire up. Messed with it over the next few day. Eventually tried cranking it while pumping the gas pedal little bit and got it to fire up. Since then it's been driven around a good bit and had no issues what so ever. Based on that I'm thinking fuel pump related issue. My current plan is to give it some time an see if happens again and if it does change the fuel pump. Thoughts?

4. In the midst of messing with it during number 3 I had the battery checked and ended up replacing it with a new one. Well, after the battery change, the radio isn't coming on at all. My understanding is that changing the battery probably blew the fuse in the back of the radio and that's why the radio isn't coming on at all. I have the radio removal key thing on order so I can do this. I also understand when I do get it on again, I'm going to need to put in a radio code. Where in the manual is this code? I'm also thinking about waiting to do this after I wait out the fuel pump thing since I'll have to disconnect the battery to get to it if I need to change it (leading to probably blowing the fuse again). Does that make sense or should I just change the fuse now?

So there they are, my first 4 Porsche questions. Hope you guys have the magical answers!

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to enjoying the forum and learning all I can.

John

johnscottroe is offline   Reply With Quote