View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 03:23 PM   #138
itsnotanova

I got a few inquiries about the rear bumper and mesh I installed on my boxster. Almost every spec boxster has the rear cut open like mine or very similar. They get their boxsters very hot during racing and never have issues of the rear bumper cover melting. At least that I know of. That being said, I'm still going to keep an eye on mine until I feel comfortable with it. Unlike them, I still need to mount a license plate back there and had to add bracing that they don't. I took a flat piece of aluminum and folded ti over on the top and bottom. You can see in these pics how I attached everything together. When it comes to the mesh. Most spec guys just screw it directly to the bumper cover. I didn't like that look, so I folded mine around the whole license plate area and have the plate holder sandwiching it down. I think it looks cleaner and hopefully will hold.

So with the bumper done, I moved on to finishing the clam latch. I have to thank sassmatt72 again for the great idea to use the rear trunk latch. It works wonderfully!. I spent hours trying to make something out of aluminum but ended up using the mounting bracket from the top motor. It was so easy once I gave up on aluminum. A little plasma cutting here, and a little welding there. BAM! So easy and functions great. The emergency cable is also the perfect length to tuck up and hide right behind the driver's headrest.

Last edited by itsnotanova; 02-26-2016 at 07:20 AM.
itsnotanova is offline   Reply With Quote