View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 06:28 PM   #136
itsnotanova

Here's some pics of the Cayman S spoiler and why I wasn't too impressed with the quality. I had to dremel out the area for the mounting bolts because there was huge globs of fiberglass in both sides.

The factory bolts aren't long enough and I had to use something else. The only bolts I had that were the right size were allen head bolts. I suggest finding normal six sided bolts for your instillation.

Here's a little tip for everyone. These little trim pieces come off very easy and are only held in place by two little pegs pressed into ribbed plastic holes. I get a call every month for some of these but I think by putting a dab of caulk on them before they come off, you might save yourself some grief in the future. They're really easy to remove by prying up underneath them.

The same goes for the 03-04 rear spoiler covers. The 97-02 are held on by plastic rivets and securely snap over the aluminum frame. The 03-04 have no rivets and are not as securely attached to the aluminum frame. It's my belief that by adding some caulk to the back side of the cover, that it's less likely to come off. You might need to remove the cover in the future, so you wouldn't want to put anything that would permanently attach it to the frame.

Here's the rear with license plate. There's an aluminum bracket behind the plate and mesh that is attached to the bumper cover. I can unscrew the plate holder when I go to the track so more hot air can escape.