View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #6
Qmulus
inveniam viam aut faciam

The chips are not readable. It is a very common practice in microprocessors to lock the code, with no way to read the contents. You _might_ be able to erase and reprogram it, but even that is not guaranteed. These are not just EEPROMs, but ICs dedicated to function in key fobs where security is part of the design.

The only way that I can see to reuse a fob is to find the alarm/immo module that the fob was originally used in, find the code for that fob (the data stored is NOT that 16 or however many character long string), and program it into another alarm module. I don't even think locksmith tools have the ability to decrypt these codes. I THINK PST2s will show you the code of the fob currently being used from data received by the alarm module, but I don't know if it will show the code of a fob that is not matched to the module.

The actual key programming (immobilizer) is pretty straight forward. In fact, I have an Audi switch blade key for one of my spares, but I do not have a spare remote/fob for unlocking the car.