View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 07:55 AM   #1
Xcellr8

Driver door will not open

Here is one I haven't seen before. The driver door will not open with either the inside nor outside handle.

The lock seems to work. At least it sounds like it does, and when locked, when you pull the inside handle, there is resistance indicating that the locking mechanism is moving. And, when unlocked, and pulling either handle, there is little, to no, resistance. So I am thinking that the lock is not the problem - but I don't have a lot of experience in this area.

I had this happen on another Boxster a while back where the door was out of alignment with too much pressure on the latch preventing the latch from releasing, and thus the door would not open. That problem could be remedied by pushing on the door while pulling the handle. That trick did not work on this car.

Is there a way to release the door latch without using the handles? I've got the door panel off and though space is tight I can reach the levers that the handles move to confirm that they DO move when the handles are pulled. They just aren't tripping a spring to release the door latch. So I was hoping a pick could be inserted somewhere to release the latch - or some other idea?

Thanks,
Joe
Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote