View Single Post
Old 02-22-2016, 07:09 PM   #10
Qmulus
inveniam viam aut faciam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
i hear that! coming from the Honda S2000 i feel all shifters have been ruined for me, nothing can match what's still considered one of the best shifters in any production car.
those notchy, mechanical, SHORT, precise throws added buckets of driving enjoyment.

i already have the B&M short shift kit but the shifter itself has a lot of play.

does anybody know if I would be able to replace the bushings from the B&M shifter to this 997 style to reduce the play and have the same 30% throws i have now?
Just look at the thread on the ball bearing shifters. I recently picked up a worn aftermarket shifter (might be B&M) with worn out bushings. The bronze bushing in the shifter shaft was in bad shape and the front and rear nylon bushings were very worn. I sent the cups and main shifter assembly to Ben to get machined for bearings with the rest of his run. I am not sure if Ben will offer this as a service, as there is a possibility that not all shifters will be compatible with his process, but it does work out for everyone if the shifter parts are compatible as it saves (and improves) your shifter and saves Ben from having to buy shifters to modify. He makes the same amount and everyone is happy.