View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:06 AM   #6
mach schnell

bmussati - read the questions - i'm trying to track down a booster seat that fits (or whether or not one does fit) - obviously, if nothing fits, we don't get the car.
most guidelines for placing children in seats are weight dependent, more so than age after the child is one year of age. in other words, all children under the age of one must be rear facing no matter weight (some parents think that once their kids are over 20 lbs they can go forward facing in the car seat - here in socal we have tons of lil porkers who come through our peds clinics who are well over 20 lbs before their first birthday.) so, law is quite clear, forward facing only after both 1 yr and >20lbs (a child's neck musculature, head control, etc) are not stable enough to be forward facing in the event of a front end collision unless both criteria are met.

beyond that, car seat issues become more weight dependent, than age - in much the same way, i dose a medicine to a child based on their weight and not their age.

re: the 993 - certainly a risk buying an older car - 993's are touted as incredibly reliable. this car got great reviews on my PPI. in comparison to my 987 which has been at the dealer more times than all my previous cars combined, anything at this point seems better. the '05 330ci perform pkg has many advantages, of course. however, a part of me is trying to keep a porsche in the garage and stay within a certain price range. if i don't get another porsche now, believe me, there will be many in the not so distant future.
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote