View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 08:07 AM   #188
pkp4911

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
Patrick I don't know what Jake had to do to the airbox to make it fit maybe he'll chime in. He suggested that box because it flows more air than the 986 box. The MAF is a 996 GT3 I believe that was provided by Jake also. I have zero topside clearance issues. Engine is mounted at stock height. No weird vibrations on this rig and I wouldn't expect any, Jake balanced EVERYTHING and he has so many 986 engines under his belt he can do these in his sleep. We have not done ANY tuning yet as my ECU took a dump from a defective MAF that I purchased used. So we are running a borrowed 996 3.4 ECU and immobilizer with the standard tune in that ECU. We are waiting for my ECU to come back from being repaired. So the only " tuning " that has taken place is the adaptive learning the ECU has done on its own. I think Jake believes there is easily 10 - 15 hp or more available just with some good tuning. And then finally we will install the Jake Raby in house designed/built cams. Not sure if we will also install his own designed lifters but at that point we will probably be at the limits of the current intake manifold. But my goal all along is to still have it be very daily driver friendly and she still is. I don't want a narrow power band or something that only makes power above 6K. I have ridden in several 996 and 997 Porsche's ( normally aspirated ) and my Boxster GT3 has more power ( butt dyno ) than those from idle to 7K.
I meant to respond much sooner. My reality: while I motor about in my relatively mundane 3.6, you now have the epitome of what the Boxster always should have been. (If bean counters weren't running Porsche...) Again, congrats and perhaps more of us will consider the paradigm of 'price vs cost', and take the financial plunge to have Jake build something powerful and reliable. After all said and done, I'm guessing that Jake could have built me something similar to what you have based on the investment I made--right around $20K at this point for motor, parts, and labor. Are you willing to share an approximate number? The limiter to the world of Jake is the wait time--good for him but not for those of us who want to be out driving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
pkp4911 is offline   Reply With Quote