View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 11:15 AM   #8
Dlirium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Are you still on the R888 or did you move to another tire? Compared with the NT01 or the Maxxis Victra RC-1, the Toyo seems to be a fair bit more expensive...

If I was buying a set of R-comp tires for my first set, I would probably go with the Nitto (and try to time it with one of the DTD $100 off $400 sales) since a lot of folks seem to use it. I am intrigued by the Maxxis though...

I think I will just buy 2 new R888 and run that set until it wears down.

Do you/did you heat cycle yours?

Steve
I changed to the Potenza RE-71r's (rules for AX changed from a 100 compound to a 200 compound for my class). I did not have the tires heat cycled, just did it on the track myself. They did need a little heat to get the best out of them. Not the best AX tires cold, but loved them on the track.

VERY noisy (i don't care), and as you said, rather expensive. If my boxster was a dedicated track car, I'd probably buy them again. But with the AX use, I'm hoping the RE-71r's are a good compromise...
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote