View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 03:32 AM   #9
pjq

I looked through my old pic's and pic's did not detail the removal of the spoiler. Bentley book and Projects 101 refer to pre 2003 cars, so I went down to the garage and extended the spoiler on the car.
First, do this in a warm environment not a cold garage. The plastic will have no give.
The front of the spoiler is smooth( no rivets) the rear has the 4 holes and the ends have removable side pieces. These ends come off after? The very back side of the spoiler (underneath) has little tabs they will break if you don't use patience and warm temperature.
If I recall, use a probe to push through the 4 holes on the rear and gently pry up the front face at the same time. when you push through the 4 holes you are pushing on dimples that are molded to the back side of the face of the spoiler.
When you have all 4 of these dimples dislodged from their holes on the front then carefully, with both hands, roll the spoiler up and back watching for the little tabs under the back side edge.
I remember it being a nerve racking job and next time I will do it in warm temperatures.

Pat.
pjq is offline   Reply With Quote