Thread: Buyer question
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 02:41 PM   #15
RandallNeighbour

tada: on that 97 boxster, the 02 sensors will cost you $425 (parts only) or so to replace (all four should be replaced at the same time). Is the radiator leaking or the coolant overflow tank? The coolant overflow tank is a typical problem area for the Boxster and I had to replace mine. These are about $200 for the part and about 2 hours of knuckle bleeding installation. Seats can be purchased at some point from someone turning their Boxster or 996 into a race car.

Aside from motor issues, a 97 with this many miles (similar to my car in a lot of ways) will probably need wheel bearings and all the control arms and drop links replaced, and possibly the struts if they're original. That's gonna set you back $2500 or more for parts alone for new genuine Pcar parts. (I'd buy good quality used parts off a low mileage wrecked 2000's model though b/c they're the same pieces and a lot cheaper than new or noisy aftermarket suspension parts.

Hope this helps!

PS - That 99 box with 110k on it for $10,000??? That would be my car if I sold it because it's been fully sorted and is very dependable and doesn't need anything... Every part on the car has been changed out with the exception of the dash, the body work, and one of the radiators and the fluid lines. New motor, newer tranny, new interior, xenon headlamps, new tail lamps, glass window top, new windshield, wheel bearings and suspension replaced, etc. ... which explains why I cannot sell my car. I have $40k or more in it now and it's not even worth $10,000 to guys in the market for one. Oh well.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 02-16-2016 at 02:44 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote