View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
mach schnell

with that whole thing, did you ever have what you would describe as unusual vibration or shimmy? just wondering if the power steering issue could be a more common thing than Porsche anticipated and if there's something going at that level with my Box - without being a car doc- it would seem logical that something in the steering column/mechanism would explain a shimmy (although i feel it all over in the car) and my description of instability going straight or through curves.

anyway - hope your car get's taken care of. i can't live with the problem and am tired of trying to get it resolved. by saturday i'll either own a 993 or 330ci performance pkg. hurts to get rid of the boxster, but i just hate the way it drives/handles. if it doesn't actually have a problem (i'm convinced it does, though), then my only other conclusion is that the normal driving experience (as described by the dealerships) is something i'm not happy with. it's killing me even more after (self) installing that schnell SS because that thing is so tight - in fact, one of the guys from Hoehn was like, wow this things way better than the porsche SS! i was like, i know! too bad you can't fix my car though.

993 will definitely get a SS, the 330ci has a pretty tight 6spd, but maybe eventually the UCC SS (however, for bmw, it requires getting underneath the car for installation).
Japanese Rising Sun roof graphic
De-ambered and nearly de-chromed!

Sold - 05 BMW 330CI ZHP M-tuned
Imola Red, 6spd, Alcantra & Carbon Fiber Interior

Sold - 05 Boxster Black/Black 5spd
19" Carrera S Wheels
Bose Audio System/Sport Chrono Pkg
Schnell Short Shifter
Yellow Calipers c/ carbon fiber Porsche lettering
De-Ambered

Sold - 03 VW Beetle Silver - way too modified!
mach schnell is offline   Reply With Quote