View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #7
2kwiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster

How else do you explain what passes for Styling in the Honda Element, Insight (there's a joke) and S2000, Scion Box, Audi TT and sadly, the Cayman S? Then there's the retro crowd, make a Box, add a Kidney shaped Grill and call it a Bimmer, yea right.

There is some hope, the new MBs are truly Styled (like them or not) and the new Mustang has to earn Retro Look of the Year Award.

The Cayman S may go like Stink, but it is poorly positioned and even more poorly Styled. All good things for those hoping to pick one up used in a couple of years. All of course, one man's humble opinion...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
i understand you are venting. but i think we need to give these cars some time for US to adjust to them. i, for one, don't think the TT and S2k look that bad. Different but not bad. Sure there are things like the aztec and vue that look bad, but that's mostly out of the General.

As for the MBs, didn't they come out and say that the new S has styling cues and derivations from that hideous and hated 7series? the humped out trunk is a dead giveaway.

Also, manufacturers tend to release 1st year models with room to dress up. Now, porsche may not have had these tactics before but you never know with the new business models. but look at the bimmers. if you can find a '92 3series vs. '98. they look like completely different animals. something as simple as a grill or painted skirts changes everything. for something a little more recent, look at a '03 G35 vs. a '06. same model. they don't look the same.
2kwiq is offline   Reply With Quote