View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 09:24 AM   #14
Dlirium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersK View Post
Thanks to all for comments and especially the help with the measurements.

I’ve now calculated on the cars and I’ve come to the conclusion that almost everything fits pretty well, except for one little annoying thing. The steering wheel will be too close to the inside of the door, there is just about 37mm space left with the original steering wheel and about 45mm left with the slight smaller sport steering wheel. 45mm space is way too little to maneuver the vehicle in a safe way, and I will scrub off the skin on my hand against the door, lol.

Solutions: hmm … it may be possible to move the steering column a little bit towards the middle of the car, but I don’t really like that. Firstly, there is not much space to do that modification, fuel tank and brake servo makes it very limited but probably enough. Second, the alignment seat position– steering wheel – instrument cluster will not be that nice any longer. Things like this are what makes a Porsche stand out in perfection compared to most other cars, I don’t really want to destroy such of an excellent design. There are also not enough space to follow that move with the seats to get back in alignment

Decision: I will not buy the salvage boxster this time and I will now put my plans on hold.

Thanks again for the provided help.
Sorry to hear, sounds like it would have been fun!
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote