View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 12:14 PM   #8
Perfectlap

Those OXO brushes are great. I have one for side skirting and underneath the rear bumper. i use one just on the top only.
The Meguiar's Gold Class wheel face brush is very good too. I've gotten my money back on that one a million times. I switched the handles from the tire brush and put the short one on the wheel brush.

Using Optimum No-Rinse in a rinse water bucket also makes cleaning the wheels easier since you don't have to get out the hose. I may pick up a pesticide sprayer from lowes and use that to re-re-use the rinse water for spraying down the barrel.

Sealing the barrel with Michelin Brake dust repellent or FK FX100 helps cut down on the brake dust from bonding with the paint finish in the barrel.

Oh and oddly enough I sprayed Meg's NXT glass in there when I was out of FK 146 quick detailer and it worked really well! All of the brake dust just coagulated into one jelly like glob which wiped right off. But soooooo dirty. I'm tihking of keeping box of surgical gloves in the car for wheel cleaning/washing.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote