View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 09:13 AM   #11
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersk View Post
hi
i’m new to this forum and i don’t know if i post these questions in the right category, but i will give it a try.

I am doing some major modifications on both chassis and the body of my car. As the car is not in the same location as i am at the moment, i can only calculate and plan. In my sleepless night i came to realize that the space in the boxster might be too tight, or hopefully not.. I’m kind of worry that it will spoil my plans, therefore i need to get some measurements from you.

So, if you have a boxster 986 in your parking space, garage, workshop or compound, and of cause something to measure with. Then please help me with a few simple measurements as shown in the picture below.

1st. Most important is the measure between the middle of the car (i guess that’s the center of the ventilation) to the steering column. The yellow arrows in the picture point at the middle of the steering wheel but i guess it’s easier to measure above the column in front of the tachometer.

2nd. I need the distance of the seats as the red arrows shows, it’s probably much more accurate to measure as shown by the green arrows.

3rd. The measure between the blue arrows would also be appreciated, even if it’s not an exact measurement.

Thanks a lot, your help is very appreciated.
/anders
1) 13"
2) 26"
3) 46"

Accurate, not estimates.