View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 02:48 AM   #13
johnsjmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
SE tune will only work on 2003 and 2004 cars w 7.8 dme and the updated heads. you have a 2001 so think your best bet if you want to run the larger maf housing is a 996.1 tune.
I went ahead yesterday and changed to ROW tuning The indie I used could only offer either of 2 Euro tunes standard ROW and Euro obd2. He is a factory trained Porsche tech originally from Chicago and now in Sarasota Fl. and seemed to know what he was talking about. I asked him to attempt to use Row 996.1 but he said he could only load the options offered for the 2001 986 originally.
He explained a virgin DME can be flashed either way but once married to a chassis it,s options are limited. That's why the immobilizer and DME codes are required for a reflash. I took the car to him to get another key made and since we were hooked up to program the key we did the flash at the same time.
I have tracked down the larger 996 throttle body, a 996 air T, and a 987 Air filter housing with the larger maf housing included. I have both maf housings available to me now since I also have the original. So far it seems small Maf might be the most often recommended .
I recently bought the car in Florida and am importing it to Canada in April. My next hurdle will be passing Ontario drive clean (with Row tuning) . Since technically Canada is part of the Rest Of the World (Row) I am hoping that since I have no Cel on the car will pass as is.
I have been reading all I can find on the 987 ,996 throttle body change and will do the changes once past the emission test.
I would appreciate any further insight about what actually changes with Row tuning also ,other than just eliminating the monitoring of rear lambda ,secondary air injection and clutch interlock. I hope it runs a slightly more aggressive advance for premium gas (Euro 98 vs what ever it,s tuned to in the US).

Radium King Do you know anyone in Ont running Row tuning and having been thru Drive clean? I still have all cats and other equipment as original.

Last edited by johnsjmc; 02-09-2016 at 02:51 AM.
johnsjmc is offline   Reply With Quote