View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 12:48 PM   #65
geraintthomas

Was looking through my 'done' list, and I've already added three optional extras that were offered at the factory. My 'to-do' list contains a further 11 optional extras. These include heated seats, parking sensors, etc.

It's great to see as it reminds me of my previous car. With that (T-Sport Celica), I added an incredible amount of kit that was found on more modern cars (£5,000 worth of it), but it looked completely standard. Better brakes, parking sensors, a more modern dash with new dials, re-trimmed steering wheel, etc. You wouldn't have guessed I did anything to it, unless you put it side by side by a standard one, where you'd notice an enormous difference. I sold it for more than I bought it for 3 years prior.

And thankfully, it's the same with this. I could have bought a Boxster with a lot more optional extras (and I almost did until I heard an engine knock before handing him the cash), and a lot of people would search for one with a decent spec, but instead I bought one with a very basic spec but had perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition, and this has allowed me to make it into a project car, adding things that could have been offered from the factory.

I love tinkering and adding more features to the car that look entirely standard.

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote