View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 02:53 AM   #1
geraintthomas

Window issues after regulator change

I swapped the window regulator in my door recently, and now the window works perfectly. But I have two issues:

1. The window only drops about 1mm when I go to open the door. Luckily it doesn't catch on anything when I close the door and it still makes a nice seal, but it should drop a lot more than this. I've research this and have done the reset procedure (disconnect battery, window down and press again when down, window up and press again when up) but it doesn't make a difference. It still only drops 1mm?

I wonder if the splines on the new regulator don't match up great with the one on the motor, causing some play...

2. The window goes down way past where it should. It goes right into the door and right to the bottom, to the point where if I close the door with the window down, the window bangs back and fourth. Before the regulator failed, the window went down so you could just see the tip of it. Now it goes way, way down into the door. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote