View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #1
eicheldp

Garage
New Cat Delete Pipes

This is one mod I've been wanting to do for a long time. I did purchase some pipes from one vendor, but for some reason, they did not fit and were up against the Tip transmission case when installed.

The vendor was very gracious and allowed me to return the pipes. Still wanting to do the project, I contacted my friend Buck who has been doing similar work on other vehicles, but never a Porsche.

Buck and I removed the secondary cats and he used these to model the new pipes. He actually made the SS flanges and did all the welding. Two test fits later and the new pipes slipped right in.

I've got a nice little growl in the exhaust now, but didn't get a chance to use the butt dyno. That will come later in the spring.

Buck has kept his jigs in order to make more if anyone wants them. These fit an 03 & 04 Boxster with a Tiptronic. I don't know the dimensions of the manual transmissions, but I have heard that they are not as wide as the Tiptronic, so fitment should not be an issue. Someone else with more knowledge could comment on the fitment for the 986.1 models.