View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 06:41 AM   #7
Perfectlap

that's funny that you think the car is slow. When I first took the car on a long stretch of open road I really opened it up and my passenger was just like
On the test drive when I heard the engine revv up to the upper limits in 2nd gear
I nearly pulled the car over so I could jump out screaming. My friend with a Corvette and My friend with a Viper all had the same reaction. Eventually you get used to everything and it feels ordinary (IN A STRAIGHT LINE).

Few Porsches relative to the total they have produced have had a naturaly aspirated engine of this size displacement. Maybe 5%? Porsches in general have never been Powerful sports cars relative to their competition. Yet they've almost always been superior at LeMans.
I note the past because you have driven older P-cars. I on the other hand have driven only newer Porsches and the Boxster S doesn't feel a whole heck of allot slower than a standard 996 Carrera or the previous 993. The zero to 60 times of the Boxster is under 6 seconds. Much more expensive sports cars are barely a second (yes a blink of eye) faster.
the New 07 BoxsterS with the CaymanS engine will be creeping up on the sub 5 second mark. Still barely a second. Fast to me is that Bugatti with 1000 HP that does 0-6 in 3 seconds. I bet Beckham is probably already bored with his looking to mod it out

I'm not hot on the idea of making a car you don't feels is fast even louder.
Its like every time I see one of these front wheel drive hondas which you can hear a mile a way. My first thought is "why is a car that slow that loud?"

A bigger intake and exhaust will help the car breath better but I wouldn't do it just for the sound. All though it is nice.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-07-2006 at 06:49 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote