View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
creseida

I have no problem stopping and helping most people. The last time was mom and her teenage son, who had a flat in their mini-van. Neither one had any clue about changing a tire, and the way they had jacked the van up was dangerous to say the least. They had already been waiting an hour for AAA, and not one single person had stopped to offer help, including several tow trucks.

Imagine their surprise to see someone in a Porsche pull over to help. Imagine their bigger surprise to see a gal get out and help them out. It took me about 10 minutes to get them on the road again, and when I returned to my car, I found two $20's on the seat.

Now yesterday was a different story....

There are several cars that like to race down my road. We're talking 50 mph plus on a one lane gravel road. I live at the apex of a turn that is sharper than 90 degrees. Because it is gravel, people (kids and adults) like to slide sideways around the corner because it is cool... at least in their minds.

Two of the usual speed racers came tearing down the road yesterday. The first spun out going around the turn and wound up sideways in the middle of the road; the second came flying around the corner right behind them and broadsided them so hard it shattered the back window of the first car. They both got out of their cars, and were just stunned that they had both totalled their cars on a gravel road.

I sat on my porch and laughed. But I guarantee that when Mommy and Daddy buy them their next cars, they will do the same thing again.