View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #24
dghii

Was never a Porsche fan..nothing wrong with them but I was never attracted to their style. I've always had rag tops and since high school I worked my way through various Fiats (X 1/9 and spiders), Alfas and Miatas. I finally ended up with a new Z3 (2.3) in 99 and loved it. The Z led to an 99 M Roadster (really loved it!).

After selling the M Roadster, I test drove a really nice 99 Box with about 22K miles on it and was a little underwhelmed. I love how it handled yet certainly lacked the torque of the M.

A couple more years pass and my current car was a Z4 3.0 manual. I take a test drive in a used 2003 S on a local lot and it didn't take more than 2 or 3 blocks to think "Oh Crap! This is great!"

3 or 4 years pass, before I get serious and after about a years search, I end up with a 2000S off ebay. The car was local and 'by owner' and I had the opportunity to check it out and drive it before the no reserve auction ended. I still have the car and it is as much fun to drive today as it was 8 years ago.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote