View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 07:46 AM   #1
pkp4911

Just completed 3.6 swap into 986 and have vibration.

FINALLY! After chasing down some oil leaks (no crush washer on replaced top right chain tensioner, oil pressure sender...my bad.) I finally drove car. Hugely disappointed in a driveline vibration especially around 3K. Engine sounds normal, no visable shakes, audible rattles, or rolls, but an inherent vibration exists through out range with distinct harshness at above stated RPM. Can feel through steering wheel (pump? ), floor, and seats. Upgraded to 993 TT motor mounts and did the 1/2" drop to accommodate increased height of 3.6 motor with new OE trans mount. Don't remember seeing any direct contact of motor to non "buffered" areas of monocoque or bulkhead. Would 1/2" drop effect axle /cv relationship? How would a CV or axle manifest if starting to go bad? (Were good before.) New clutch, pp, throw out. Resurfaced flywheel. 3.2 was silky, and this is coarse. I did do the oil pump mod to facilitate oil going through IM shaft to enable oiling of IMS bearing as it had the LN IMS bearing already in motor prior.
Thoughts?
On another note, I had Softronic do 986 ECU upgrade to factor variocam plus and add performance tune. While no cel's, also had distinct lean situation. Horrible drivability on launch and lack of power (relative) throughout Rev range. Scanned and discovered irregular voltage issues tied to mapping. Stuck at .0875 mv with no compensation for load/rpms. Not bashing, just wondering if anyone had done this conversion and had ECU issues. I am confident they will make it right but was surprised.
Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
pkp4911 is offline   Reply With Quote