View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #5
Marc Gelefsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdynamix
1. I like it that way, I don't own this car to show off but to enjoy driving it. This typical of Porsche owners. Those that prefer the noisy in your face style can always mod the cars.

2. I think you need to start exploring the 4000RPM plus range and feel the variocam take you to Porsche heaven. The gearing on the car is very high, between 2800RPM and 3200RPM. You will get a very fast sensation if you take it up to the 45000 to 6500 range. You have a very fast car, enjoy it.
1) It's not "in your face" I am looking for, I dont think Seal Grey would have been my color choice if I wanted to show off I'm not a kid, I have nothing to prove. I just like a little engine noise, like my 911 that still has the stock exhaust, it has that nice aircooled rumble.
I sure dont want a loud ricey exhaust, I used to have an Audi S4 and went through 4 exhausts and ended back with stock since all of the aftermarket ones were too damn loud.
I know alot of Porsche owners, I have been involved with PCA for 12 years, "typical" is not a word I use to describe them

2) Dont get me wrong, I am really, really enjoying Boxster S ownership and have no regrets over this purchase (I never met a Porsche I didnt like) but it's not what I would call a "Very fast car" and trust me I spend most of the time in the 4500 to 6500 range, It not that the car IS slow, it just seems slow. It's the most refined Porsche I have owned thus far, perhaps I need to get used to it.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...tar14266_4.gif
EX-88 951, 87 951, 86 944na, 85.5 944na 00 Audi S4..01 Boxster S .etc..etc
Marc Gelefsky is offline   Reply With Quote